Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Create A World With Modeling Clay!


Modeling Clay Rabbit House with Hand
Isn't this just the sweetest? My almost 8 yr old daughter arrived home with this little masterpiece the other day, and you can imagine, I was beaming from ear to ear! And it was her idea, and yes, all her friends tried to copy her, who in their right mind wouldn't? Look at those little slippers next to the bed, awhhh. And that cute rug, and someone relaxing on the couch! (That wouldn't be me......)

Modeling Clay Rabbit House noWalls
This mini work of art actually arrived home without walls, and I was already swooning, but when she showed me she'd made walls too, wow! I helped her glue them on with a hot glue gun, and then I ran to take these photos to share with you!
So why not set aside some time this summer for sculpting with modeling clay. Add some recycled cardboard, a yogurt container, a toilet paper roll to the equation and encourage kids to create their own little world. Can't wait to see what they come up with!
And that cute rug? Well she apparently has rugs on the brain since her mother has been occupying the dining room table with a somewhat large crocheted one (from sheets!) for the past week or so! I'll be sharing that with you next week, so do drop by!

No comments:

Post a Comment